THERE IS STILL A COALITION FOR OEK
- Is there or is there not a coalition? This question is what confused the leaders of the coalition-member "Country of Law" Party (OEK).
"I haven't heard and wouldn't like to comment on their statement, said leader of OEK Artur Baghdasaryan, referring to such statements made by members of Prosperous Armenia Party (BHK).
Leader of the youth wing of OEK Arakel Arakelyan agreed to respond to the statement made by the young members of the BHK political council instead of the OEK leaders. "OEK considers itself a member of the coalition," said Arakelyan.
However, Arakelyan did refrain from commenting on what the members of different political parties, even those parties' youth wings said. "Time will show," said Arakelyan.
The leaders of the coalition's youth wings hadn't shown up to the young OEK members' 8th congress today, even though they had been invited. Arakel Arakelyan had personally invited the leaders of the youth wings of the Republican Party of Armenia (HHK) and Prosperous Armenia Party (BHHK) Karen Avagyan and Vahe Enfiajyan.
- 1903 Birth of Ashot Abrahamian, doctor of historical sciences (history of fountains and springs), and professor.
- 1907 Birth of the creator of some of the more famous types of Armenian brandy: Margar Sedrakian.
- 1909 Start of the massacre of the Armenian population of Adana (Cilicia, Western Armenia). About 30000 were killed in three weeks.
- 1962 The CC of the Armenian CP and the Council of Ministers of the Armenian SSR reorganize agriculture in the Armenian SSR. They create 11 territorial production administrations for kolkhozes (collective farm) and sovkhozes (state farm).