- U.S. President Barack Obama on the evening of March 30 affirmed new sanctions against those using Iran's oil, particularly China, India, South African Republic, South Korea and Turkey.
Before June 28, the above mentioned countries must substantially buy less oil exported from Iran or else they will be "cut off" from U.S. funding, reports the BBC.
In his statement, Obama particularly mentioned that U.S. allies wouldn't suffer from this since there is no oil deficit in the global market.
"Many countries have already stopped buying oil from Iran and have declared that they are holding talks with other oil suppliers," said the U.S. President.
Earlier, Japan and all European Union-member countries declared that they had decided to stop buying oil from Iran.
We remind that the U.S. started coarsening sanctions against Tehran after MAGATE declared that Iran was preparing to produce a nuclear weapon through the enrichment of uranium in 2011.
In its turn, Iran still claims that it isn't enriching uranium for the creation of a nuclear weapon, but for peaceful purposes.
- 1903 Birth of Ashot Abrahamian, doctor of historical sciences (history of fountains and springs), and professor.
- 1907 Birth of the creator of some of the more famous types of Armenian brandy: Margar Sedrakian.
- 1909 Start of the massacre of the Armenian population of Adana (Cilicia, Western Armenia). About 30000 were killed in three weeks.
- 1962 The CC of the Armenian CP and the Council of Ministers of the Armenian SSR reorganize agriculture in the Armenian SSR. They create 11 territorial production administrations for kolkhozes (collective farm) and sovkhozes (state farm).