"THEY ARE USING FOUL EXPRESSIONS"
- The Republican Party of Armenia (HHK) is doing its best to win a majority in parliament, says political scientist Hmayak Hovhannisyan, who is included on the party list of the Prosperous Armenia Party (BHK).
"The aspiration of the ruling force poses a serious threat to the country and the prospects of modernization," he said.
Being the chairman of the Union of Political Scientists of Armenia since 1990, Mr Hovhannisyan says he longs for changes. Further, he confessed that the Union meets once or twice a year to elect a new chair and each time he is elected unanimously as 'he is the founder of the Union.'Asked why Mr Hovhannisyan, who longs for changes in the political arena, is irreplaceable in the Union, the political scientist said, "If I find someone who will agree to shoulder this burden..."
By saying 'burden' Mr Hovhannisyan meant pressure from the authorities. He did not want to give any names but was ready to elaborate on their condition.
"It goes to using foul expressions which are uttered by the dhols (double-headed drums) of the authorities," said Mr Hovhannisyan.
- 1636 The Kzlbash retake Fort Yerevan.
- 1878 Birth of singer and teacher Tigran Nalbandian in Van. He was soloist of a choir and student of Makar Ekmalian. Arthur Aidinian, Hovhanness Badalian and other famous singers were his students.
- 1928 Birth of artist and professor Romanos Sargsian in Tbilissi. He died in 1981.
- 1940 Yerevan's Kirov Synthetic Rubber Factory starts production.
- 1958 Death of writer Azat Vshtoony. He was born in 1894.