© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 0 Mehekan was the 7th month in the old Armenian calendar (February 7 to March 8). The month's name is connected to the Armenian for death (mah) because plants and some animals would be in a state of hibernation at this time.
- 1676 Birth of Mkhitar Sebastatsi (cultural and church figure). He founded the Roman Catholoc Mkhitarist Congregation. He died in 1749.
- 1861 Birth in Vagharshapat (Etshmiadsin) of publisher and author of dictionaries, Tigran Navasardian.
- 1887 Birth of Civil War hero and famous Commander Hayk Bjshkyants (Guy) in Tavriz (Iran). In December 1937 he was killed -- a victim of Stalin's terror.
- 1899 The first train arrives at Alexandropol (Gyoomree) from Tbilisi.
- 1925 Opening of the Land-owners' First National Conference in Yerevan.
- 1950 Death of painter Sargis Yerkanian in St Louis (USA).
- 1992 The U.S. Embassy opens in Armenia. It is the first foreign country to set up a diplomatic mission in Armenia.