- On January 26, in accordance with the earlier agreement with the authorities of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic, the OSCE Mission held scheduled monitoring of the Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijani armed forces' contact-line, near the NKR Martakert region's Karmiravan village.
From the positions of the NKR Defense Army, the monitoring was held by Coordinator of the OSCE Office Imre Palatinus (Hungary) and Field Assistants of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Antal Herdich (Hungary) and Marius Puodziunas (Lithuania).
On the opposite side, the monitoring group comprised Field Assistants of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Chisto Christov (Bulgaria) and William Prior (Great Britain).
The monitoring passed in accordance with the agreed schedule. No violation of the cease-fire regime was fixed.
From the Karabakh party, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the NKR Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense.
- 1914 After long negotiations and a bitter diplomatic stuggle, the Russo-Turkish Treaty on Western Armenian reforms is finally signed in Constantinople.
- 1920 Armenia was formally recognized by European countries.
- 1922 The first Yerevan State Dramatic theatre was opened. It was named the Soondookian Theatre after 1937.
- 1926 Opening of the First Exhibition of Armenian Fine Arts in Yerevan.
- 1951 Death of philologist Zabel Boyajian.