© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1846 Birth of Armenian philologist and specialist of Indo-European languages, Serovbe Derveeshyan. He founded and edited the first philological magazine, "Lezoo" (language) in 1887, in Constantinople.
- 1880 Hovhannes Lazaryan presents his proposal on the liberation of Armenia to A. Suvorov.
- 1923 Decision taken to create a united monetary structure and currency in Transcaucasia.
- 1928 Birth of theoretical physicist Andrey Amatoonee in St. Petersburg (Russia).
- 1967 Arooss -- the largest accelerator in the Soviet Union (6 billion electrovolts), is switched on in Yerevan.