© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1895 Birth of Hrachia Nerssissyan (actor). He died in 1961.
- 1913 Death of H.F.B. Lynch in London of Irish parentage. Besides his study of law, he became noted as a writer, a geographer, a politician, and a traveller, with a keen interest in Armenia. His two-volume book on his Armenia travels is a classic and describes life in Armenia at the end of the 19th century. In 1906, he was elected to serve as a member of the British Parliament. (He was born on 1862 04 18).
- 1920 The Tashnak government of Armenia falls. Simon Vratsian forms a new government.
- 1927 Death of Shooshanik Kiurghinyan (poetess) in Yerevan. She was born in 1876.
- 1940 Ceremonial inauguration of Lenin's monument, at Lenin Square in Yerevan.
- 1940 Yerevan's Zoological Garden is created.
- 1980 Opening of the meeting (in Yerevan) of Diasporan Armenian representatives.
- 1996 Robert Kocharian is re-elected for a second term as President of Artsakh. International observers witness the election.