MARCH 1 CAN'T BE REPEATED
Armenian National Congress activists continue to distribute flyers to citizens for tomorrow's rally.
The members of the ANC branches are distributing flyers in the communities. The ANC central office had transmitted all necessary materials to the ANC's territorial structures in advance.
Alongside providing awareness, the ANC representatives are also continuing their meetings with citizens in Yerevan and the provinces.
Last evening, ANC representatives Petros Makeyan, Aram Manukyan, Zoya Tadevosyan and former member of "Karabakh" Committee Samvel Gevorgyan had meetings with citizens in Arabkir district and called on them to take part in the rally on April 8.
"If you want to change the way you are living, to see these authorities step down and to live a normal life, participate in the rally on April 8," said Chairman of the Board of the Armenian Pan-National Movement Aram Manukyan.
The citizens were very active during the meetings and asked many questions.
What is the probability of the repetition of March 1, taking into account that the authorities will do everything they can to keep power? In response to this question, leader of "Democratic Homeland" party Petros Makeyan mentioned that the authorities have used up all internal and external resources to commit the same crime again.
There were no police officers at the meetings held in the yards near Papazyan Street, but there were officers present at the meeting held at the square near Mergelyan Park. Despite that, there was no incident.
- 1821 Start of the Greek independence movement against the Turkish oppressors.
- 1858 Birth of Alexander Shirvanzade (writer, playwright) in Shamakh. He was born 1935, in Kislovodsk.
- 1864 Death of Karapet Galstian, businessman of Van and founder of the National School in Cairo (1848).
- 1915 Start of the one-month defense of Van (Western Armenia).
- 1929 First Five-year Plan is adopted for Armenia.
- 1995 The Department of Modern Armenian History, (University of California, Los Angeles) organized an international conference devoted to the 80th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.