IS A MONTH TOO LONG OR TOO SHORT?
Motherhood and Beauty Day marks the end of women's month-long celebration, which gave women and ladies the chance to be in the center of attention more than any other day of the year. However, the majority of Armenian citizens say the main celebration is on March 8.
"We get the impression that April 7 is a repetition of March 8," said Gayane, who had already received a kiss and a flower from her boyfriend. Milena, who was walking with her friends, said boys don't even say nice words to congratulate her. Milena says she received more congratulatory remarks on March 8 than today, but didn't forget to thank those who surprise women and ladies.
For florist Garik, April 7 is not a celebration at all. "I don't consider it a celebration, but I did buy presents and congratulate women and ladies on March 8," said Garik.
There were also men who said a month is not enough to show their admiration toward women.
According to the Christian holiday calendar, April 7 is the day of Annunciation. It was on this day that St. Mary found out that she was going to give birth to Jesus Christ. Out of the surveyed only one woman knew that. "That annunciation is a shining light for every woman," said Karine.
- 1821 Start of the Greek independence movement against the Turkish oppressors.
- 1858 Birth of Alexander Shirvanzade (writer, playwright) in Shamakh. He was born 1935, in Kislovodsk.
- 1864 Death of Karapet Galstian, businessman of Van and founder of the National School in Cairo (1848).
- 1915 Start of the one-month defense of Van (Western Armenia).
- 1929 First Five-year Plan is adopted for Armenia.
- 1995 The Department of Modern Armenian History, (University of California, Los Angeles) organized an international conference devoted to the 80th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.