"NO 5,000 DRAM SWINDLING"
- RA Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan started the government session today by congratulating women and mothers on Motherhood and Beauty Day.
Tigran Sargsyan touched upon several issues, particularly the process of technical check-ups. According to him, there is a need to shed broader light on the decision adopted during the previous government session "so that citizens realize that the 5,000 dram swindling as a result of this decision should no longer take place."
"By this government decision, from now on, organizations in charge of technical check-ups should be interested in providing high-quality service so that citizens choose the service they want. This was the first step we took," said Sargsyan.
The prime minister informed that the next steps will be the issues raised by Serzh Sargsyan during his meeting with police officers. "In the next couple of weeks, we will touch upon the processes of car registration and providing driver's licenses where there is serious risks of corruption. We must ensure transparency and eliminate all state functions that create those risks."
Tigran Sargsyan aded that the government will also touch upon the Cadastre and the Registration of Civil Acts which, according to citizens, have serious risks of corruption.
- 1821 Start of the Greek independence movement against the Turkish oppressors.
- 1858 Birth of Alexander Shirvanzade (writer, playwright) in Shamakh. He was born 1935, in Kislovodsk.
- 1864 Death of Karapet Galstian, businessman of Van and founder of the National School in Cairo (1848).
- 1915 Start of the one-month defense of Van (Western Armenia).
- 1929 First Five-year Plan is adopted for Armenia.
- 1995 The Department of Modern Armenian History, (University of California, Los Angeles) organized an international conference devoted to the 80th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.