ACTION WAS NOT FESTIVE AT ALL
April 7, which is Motherhood and Beauty Day, was no exception for holding an action near the government building. The residents of the sale zone, the parents of soldiers who died in peace and the relatives of pilots who died in the 2001 plane crash in Iran were protesting near the government building once again.
President of "Protection of Property Rights" NGO Vachagan Hakobyan today informed that the majority of the residents who were deprived of their properties are leaving Armenia. He also informed that they have addressed the prime minister, who has unfortunately refused to help, saying that the solution to that issue is not in his hands.
Nana Muradyan, mother of soldier Valerik Muradyan who died in peace in Stepanakert, said she had addressed RA Minister of Defense Seyran Ohanyan two weeks ago and he had promised to help, but when the mother approached him near the government building today to ask for his response, he said "he was late" and rushed to enter the building.
The action participants say the government officials are ignoring Armenian citizens like them.
Each participant was under the supervision of one police officer.
- 1821 Start of the Greek independence movement against the Turkish oppressors.
- 1858 Birth of Alexander Shirvanzade (writer, playwright) in Shamakh. He was born 1935, in Kislovodsk.
- 1864 Death of Karapet Galstian, businessman of Van and founder of the National School in Cairo (1848).
- 1915 Start of the one-month defense of Van (Western Armenia).
- 1929 First Five-year Plan is adopted for Armenia.
- 1995 The Department of Modern Armenian History, (University of California, Los Angeles) organized an international conference devoted to the 80th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.